ahhh, summer’s here and you know how i know? cuz it’s over 90 degrees in L.A. and my AC, well it would appear it’s not quite up to snuff. homeownership can be a struggle, huh? but never fear — i’ve gone on the hunt for some light and lovely summer finds on this week’s new & noteworthy. cool, right? pun intended. chill out and enjoy!
2. i drink a lot of iced coffee these days, so i’m trying to make environmentally healthy choices about the straws i use — thus, these pretty glass straws from food52 — love the colors!; 3. this pink cobra table lamp makes me glow a little on the inside — vintage modern love from artilleriet. as always their items are stunning; 4. i love my pink Handmade tote inspired by Matisse’s ‘Nadia au Menton Pointu.’ and now they’ve made a mint green version. oooh la la! Made by Peu Importe exclusively for Goodwin.
6. a longtime favorite for great furniture and homewares, the citizenry has a brand new travel print collection available, and it’s giving me summer wanderlust. my favorite is this OAXACA .01 print BY ANDREW SHEPHERD.
7. i’m terrible — i really do judge a book by it’s cover, but this book looks really interesting to me, too. reforma is a typographic essay of the signs that line Mexico City’s most prominent avenue. Each page includes a teeny-tiny map to show the location of the sign; 8. i love the elegant, but very vintage vibe this Godet lamp gives off. designed by Pedro Saninis, it’s inspired by the pleats of skirts Perfect for minimal, modern homes, so i had to have one.; 9. This is not a Japanese tatami mat for the floor. instead It’s a cozy throw for snuggling. designer karrie dean of happy habitat Just wanted to clear that up.
10. i love the shape and simplicity of this ivette rounded mirror. also quite handy — it’s got a nifty shelf for stashing your favorite bathroom bottles and baubles.
11. hey, looking for new music? look no further than turntable kitchn’s latest endeavor — sounds delicious is the only vinyl club that delivers limited edition cover albums that are works of art, and recorded by artists you love. rare vinyl delivered to your door. not only do they taste good, turntable kitchen sounds good, too; 12. and lastly i’m smitten with this kistchy South Beach Drawstring Shoulder Bag in Lullaby Pink. i’m always a sucker for a great tote with vintage vibes — time to hit the beach!
from sfgirlbybay http://www.sfgirlbybay.com/2017/06/27/new-noteworthy-6/