Summer is my favorite season. I would much rather be too warm than too cold. I’ve always liked celebrating the official start of summer and I question everyone that starts drinking pumpkin spice lattes and wearing scarves at the end of August. This year especially, the high temps have made it feel like summer since April and if I don’t look at the date, it feels like it’s already halfway through. When I was reminded this week that summer is just now upon us, it made me so excited for 3 more months of locally grown flowers, warm weather, drinks on patios and the beach as often as possible. There’s a colorful bouquet of in-season flowers from a local farm on my coffee table right now but I love that, even on dreary, cold days, the #dsfloral feed is full of blooms and greenery that inspire me that summer is never too far away. I found the stunning images above on #dsfloral posted by Carey Wendel of Bleed Foot Florals, an urban floral farm and design studio. Whether summer is your season or not, a daily dose of flowers is never unwelcome. Happy summer solstice! –Lauren
- Happiness Goals: Actress Tracee Ellis Ross makes a positive outlook, self care and improving one’s quality of life seem possible.
- Autistic and Awesome: A set of monkey bars is installed on the ceiling of a Wolf & Friends co-founders’ home. This company is doing amazing things for children that have autism and sensory disabilities.
- Book Sale: Love this creative and resourceful way Samantha Haskell chose to raise the funds for Blue Hill Books.
- Martha Says: If there’s anyone with home decor know-how, it’s Martha. And she’s into painting the bedroom black.
- Staying Active: This article was a good reviver for my weary, justice-seeking soul.
- Bouncing Back: Don’t let stress get the best of your summer. Recover.
- Interiors: An Old Farmhouse Becomes the Project of a Lifetime, Studio Tour: Wood Artist Yukihiro Akama, An Australian Concept Store Based in an 1864 Masonic Hall, A Mid-Century Gem Becomes a Modern Family Home
- Decorating: Design from A to Z: J is for Juxtaposition, Coloring Neutral Spaces (If You Want To), 15 Pretty Patios to Inspire Your Summer Outdoor Entertaining, 12 Cozy Breakfast Nooks
- Before & After: Kelli’s Powder Room Gets a Deep Blue Facelift
- In the Kitchen: Nopalito’s Traditional Spicy Shrimp Ceviche
from Design*Sponge http://www.designsponge.com/2017/06/the-start-of-summer-best-of-the-web.html