Are you looking for an affordable and easy outdoor light to sit on your table or carry with you out to the shed or garden? Or do you imagine placing several along a footpath to the lead the way to an outdoor evening cocktail party? I was recently in touch with Patrizia Furrer from Atelier Lilaliv in Switzerland who wanted to share her brilliant DIY Outdoor Light project using the IKEA SOLVINDEN solar lamp. This project is under $10 and the results are chic and super smart. In fact, I really liked how it turned out so I invited Patrizia to share it with us on decor8. I like a good DIY that doesn’t look homemade or cheesy (there is a fine line, right?) and this one definitely fit the bill. Check it out.
– IKEA SOLVINDEN solar lamp
– Wooden cutting board, ø 22 cm
– Black spray paint
– Double sided adhesive tape strips
– Black leather strap 50cm x 2cm (you can also use an old belt)
– Upholstery nails
1. Spray paint the cutting board and let it dry completely.
2. Place the double-sided tape strips onto the bottom of the lamp.
3. Remove the protective film and place the lamp in the center of the cutting board. Press firmly to get a strong bond.
4. Using the upholstery nails, secure the leather strap onto the cutting board.
That’s it! I love it, don’t you?
If you like this project, please share this post!
(Photography: Patrizia Furrer)