All week I’ve been thinking about summer and carving out a little time to spend with friends, family and loved ones. My dream is to get everyone to a beach somewhere so we can all kick back and relax in the sun, but I’d be happy to just sit on a porch or sidewalk cafe and enjoy some outdoor time. In the meantime, I’ve been scanning around, looking for great summer recipes and entertaining ideas. This photo (above) by Jen Causey and Chickey Driver inspired me to focus on spritzy-things to drink, so today I’m sharing five of my favorites, along with some good reads from around the web to keep you busy this weekend. So kick your feet up, pour a glass of something refreshing and enjoy the weekend! xo, grace
- Leela Cyd’s Gin Swizzle: Lemony and fizzy with a dose of Gin.
- Aran Goyoaga’s Ginger and Strawberry Bubbles: I love that this drink can easily be made alcoholic or dressed up for a little kick if you want one.
- Leela Cyd’s Grapefruit Spritz: I love any drink that has a citrus-y theme, so this soft pink spritzer is a perfect go-to for summer.
- Matt Armendariz’s Special Pimm’s Cup: Matt’s spin on this classic summer drink is a Blackberry Elderflower mix that makes the whole thing feel even more spiffed up.
- Brittany Maguire’s Rosada: This drink gets its rosy color from hibiscus flowers that have been infused in tequila. Hello, summer break.
- This piece at Oh Joy! about teaching kids the importance of giving back is excellent — and practical for grownups, too.
- These birch tree ceiling beams are pretty much a dream come true. This Vermont hotel is now on my dream wish list to visit one day.
- Striped staircases inspired by my favorite French linens? Yes, please.
- I’ve been eyeing wallpaper in the kitchen lately (I know, maybe not the most practical?) and this home at Desire to Inspire has a great example.
- If we ever win the lottery and buy a second home in Australia, this one is on my list. Cathedral-style bones with glass box modernism? So cool (and that pool!).
- This Chai Rose Berry cake at A Brown Table is on my “must cook” list for this summer’s first get-together with friends.
- Shop Tour: Briddie’s Floret
- Interiors: A Creative Texas Home with Soft Textures and Vintage Charm, A North London Home High on Design, But Made For Family, An LA Rental Inspired by the French Countryside
- Before & After: An Old Stone Storybook House in Woodstock, NY, A Drab Laundry Room Becomes A Bright Dining Nook
- Decorating: 15 Inspiring Tiled Bathrooms From Bold to Minimal, 10 Reasons We Love a Wingback Chair
- Inspiration: Great Design-Minded Ways To Entertain Yourself On A Sick Day, This Year’s Life Lesson: Always Keep Learning, Useful Grad Gifts that Look Ahead to Fall, 10 Colorful Accent Pieces at Target Right Now
from Design*Sponge http://www.designsponge.com/2017/05/5-spring-drinks-weekly-wrap-up.html