Spring is finally here, and earlier this week we soft-launched our own version of a spring clean-up: a little update for Design*Sponge. Over the past few years we’ve been listening closely to your feedback and wanted to put some of your most common requests into effect: namely the elimination of slideshows (Poof! They’re gone!), a change to much larger images, larger text, and category landing pages that are easier to search, use and click through. While we pushed these changes live this week, we are still working on our home page layout and gathering data on how this version is working so we can best incorporate your feedback and actual user patterns. We realized that we need to add titles to each section and buttons to “read more” so you can view chronologically so that change is coming asap over the next few days.
I’ll do a more official walk-through in the coming weeks when everything is solidified, but for now feel free to share your feedback and thoughts in this post here. We’re listening, making notes and changing as we go to ensure we make D*S as fun, inspiring and easy-to-use as possible. Until Monday, thanks for your feedback and I hope you’ll enjoy these murals by Detroit artist Louise Chen (aka Ouizi). Her floral paintings have been on my mind all week, thanks to my friend Lacey who spotted them on a trip there last week. xo, grace
- Design Blues: I love this ode to blue paint in a bedroom at Remodelista.
- Living Art: The artwork of indigenous artist Bugai Whyoulter at Design Files is stunningly beautiful.
- Is it Spring Yet: I’m so ready for gardens, garden planning and anything related to plants. So this Australian garden is on my inspiration board right now.
- Style Inspiration: I love this roundup of international Vogue covers that the Fug Girls posted.
- Think Pink: I think I need a pink velvet ottoman now. Please.
- Pickled Pretty: This Food52 guide to all-natural egg dyes for Easter (or just a colorful snack) is spot-on.
Interiors: The 10 Most Popular Home Tours of 2016, In Madrid, Gutsy Design Wakes Up a Century-Old Pied-à-Terre, A Garden Retreat Honoring Antiques and Treasures in Oysterville, WA, A Reimagined Life And Home In The Bay Area, Studio Tour: Adore Your Walls, 11 Candy Colored Homes for Spring, A California Fixer-Upper Gets a Touch of Farmhouse Style
Decorating: An Ode To Bunk Beds: 10 Examples We Love, Color Inspiration: Watery Blues and Greys, 10 Times Black Windows Made a Room, 14 Rainbow Home Designs to Cheer Up Your Space, 10 Times Homeowners Power Clashed Like Pros
Small Business Focus: Growing Flower Haus, Part 1