It’s finally starting to feel like fall. After an unseasonably warm September and first part of October, I am starting to believe that the holidays will be here in a matter of weeks.
I’ve only been married for a few months, but family traditions have already come up a few times. We’re trying to decide what is meaningful to us together and make plans that reflect those values. Of course, we will keep in mind what our families are doing and when — but we want our own routines and systems to try out now to create memories and experiences that we can grow into over time as a couple.
Whether it’s a glass of wine and music on the night before Thanksgiving while we’re prepping food together, or an annual drive through the holiday light displays with hot cocoa in our thermoses, I’m excited to start our own way of doing things during the most magical time of year. –Lauren
- Oops: While we believe there are no true design mistakes, Jacquelyn Clark outlines the common design blunders she’s helped clients with in their homes, and how to fix them.
- Raw Talent: The Rawsome Vegan Life featured a delicious recipe for a Chocolate Coconut Hazelnut Ganache Tart. Keep this one in mind to bring to holiday gatherings this fall.
- An Artful Life: An in-depth look at Marina Abramovic’s life and artwork was written this week. Her story of childhood suffering and her artistic response is inspiring.
- Mood Swings: How to use, create and gain inspiration through mood boards doesn’t have to be a mystery. White Oak Creative has spelled it all out.
- Model Student: This article about Khoudia Diop — college student, model for The Colored Girl, Inc. and spokesperson for self-love (and against skin bleaching) — is the breath of positivity and beauty that we need.
- Set Up: Check out this perfectly staged and simple table for entertaining friends.
- Must-Reads: 9 Decorative Matchbooks for Fall, 10 Urban Farmers to Follow on Instagram, A Family Home in Idaho Where Comfort, Function and Dinner Parties Reign
- Giveaway: Estate Sale: Our Favorite Pieces from EBTH + $500 Giveaway
- Beauty + Self-Care: How to Make Good Choices that Help You Design Your Life
- Food + Drink: Motifs We Love: An Apple A Day + Recipes, In the Kitchen With: Butter & Scotch’s Dark & Stormy Caramel Corn
- Life & Work: 8 Things Every Creative Should Know
- Downloads: Free Pattern Download from Illustrator Penelope Dullaghan, Penelope Dullaghan Pattern Download Day 2, Penelope Dullaghan Pattern Download Day 3, Penelope Dullaghan Pattern Download Day 4, Penelope Dullaghan Pattern Download Day 5
- DIY: DIY Embroidered Strainer Art
- Interiors: Studio Tour: Quiet Town Home, In Pittsburgh, An Urban Homestead for Hospitality and Sanctuary, 10 Moody and Masterful Ways to Use Greys in Interiors, This Chicago Rental’s Thoughtful Design Redefines “Cozy”, 11 Welcoming Ways to Up Your Home’s Curb Appeal