it’s finally friday — and even though it was a short work week, i still feel like, “whew! we made it!”, and darn it but if i don’t still have the travel itch. labor day has come and gone, and still no summer holiday for me. i’ve got to get out of town! or at least pretend like i am. happy weekend, or shall i say, bon voyage everyone!
- i’d like to jump aboard this scooter and zoom around some lazy italian town like puglia all day — wouldn’t you?
- i just read a great book called the rocks, which takes place in Mallorca, spain and that just made the travel bug worse — the descriptions of the sea were most beguiling. what books do you suggest i read next?
- a trip to the local farmer’s market always makes me feel just a little bit continental — the hollywood farmer’s market is my favorite, and i love this Oversized Fique Net Bag from someware for collecting my goods — very euro cool, indeed.
- i’ve noticed a new Epicurious trend of late — eating tinned seafood, like octopus & anchovies. restaurants like NYC’s maiden lane and LA’s Bar Covell are serving it up alongside cocktails like crazy. feels very european to me, so maybe i’ll snack on that this weekend.
- or maybe i’ll just get lost looking at maps all weekend — i’ve got a thing for ’em, and artist libby vander ploeg’s are some of my favorites. i’ve got a whole pinboard dedicated to just maps.
from sfgirlbybay http://www.sfgirlbybay.com/2016/09/09/friday-finds-104/