Age, experience and beauty are things I think about a lot these days — and the amount of the first two affects the way we see beauty and the world. I’ve become increasingly interested in appreciating and understanding the way those with more life experience see the world. That interest led me to one of my new favorite Instagram feeds, Chinatown Pretty. I first discovered this feed through Gregory Han and have been following it happily ever since. Run by Andria Lo and Valerie Luu, Chinatown Pretty celebrates the incredibly stylish residents of San Francisco’s Chinatown neighborhood. I once read that as we get older, we dress more for ourselves and less for others, and this feed truly relishes in that sort of style. If you need a little visual inspiration this weekend, check out their feed for uplifting images, stories, color and pattern. xo, grace
- The Tokyo 2020 Olympics logo was created by preschoolers and it’s awesome.
- A day in the life of Maryanne Moodie at The Design Files.
- I love this Australian home and their sunny kitchen.
- This is Colossal’s 2015 roundup is incredible. These photos are not to be missed.
- This romantic Parisian hotel makes me weak in the knees (via Remodelista).
- The perfect compact dining room.
- Inspiring TED talks that are perfect for long holiday breaks.
- Must-Read: Holiday Download Freebies from Penelope Dullaghan: Garland, Gift Tags, Tech Wallpaper, Gift Card Holder, Wrapping Paper
- Comfort Zone: Kelsey Harp
- Fine Art Focus: Sheila Makhijani
- Interiors: A Nashville Home for a Stylist and a Musician, A Vintage Airstream on the Road, Life in an Old Wonderbread Factory, A Family Home in Seattle
- DIY: 6 DIY Youtubers to Watch, DIY Winter Clay Coasters
- City Guide: Toledo, Ohio
- Before & After: A Renovated Labor of Love
- What’s In Your Toolbox: Ana Serrano
- Recipes: Sarah Coates’ Arctic Roll
- Life & Business: Amanda of Contra Botanic, Egg Collective, Hana Getachew, Gail Johnson
from Design*Sponge http://www.designsponge.com/2015/12/best-of-the-web-20.html